August 14, 2026
#India

Four more bodies, terror toll 6

JAMMU,
The operation to flush out Jaish terrorists from the Sunjuwan military base here stretched into the second day on Sunday, with the number of casualties rising to

six as Army commandos recovered the bodies of another Junior Commissioned Officer, two soldiers and a civilian during sanitisation of residential quarters.

All four were killed by the terrorists in the initial stage yesterday, the Army said.

Editorial: Army camp attacked
The six deceased were identified as Subedar Madan Lal Choudhary from Kathua, Subedar Mohd Ashraf Mir from Kupwara, Havildar Hahibullah Qurashi from

Kupwara, Naik Manzoor Ahmed from Qazigund, Lance Naik Mohd Iqbal from Pulwama and his father.

The Army said three heavily-armed terrorists, who managed to enter the military base in the wee hours of Saturday, had been killed. The state government had

initially said four to five terrorists had stormed the camp. Unconfirmed reports suggested that two more terrorists had been eliminated.

While a team of the National Investigation Agency also reached the Army camp, sources said Army Chief General Bipin Rawat and Western Army Command

chief Lt Gen Surinder Singh took an aerial survey of the operation.

Meanwhile, a soldier, Gunner Kishore Kumar Munna of Chautham in Bihar, who was injured in ceasefire violation in Poonch on February 4, succumbed to his

injuries today.

Four more bodies, terror toll 6

PM Modi meets CEOs at India-Oman Business

Four more bodies, terror toll 6

Fresh snowfall brings in cold wave in